Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Picture of me....

Sometimes it is better to be humbled by the vision someone else has of you. That is sort of the way I felt when I got this portrait done of me (by my 4 year old grandson, Mike).

His mother explains that those are my "fingers" hanging off my arms. I think having that many would be a huge help in art, don't you?

The round circle I interpret as a belly button.
And the choice of hair color really does not have much to do with me (I hope). At least it's not gray!

Having taught early childhood education for over 30 years...I am delighted to see this "very developmentally appropriate" rendition of granny. Arms always come right out of the head first. The next bench mark will probably the body and then the arms coming from the body.

The the fingers ARE fascinating, aren't they?

I am preparing now to leave Florida in a few days. These "transition" periods are very strange for me when I am not really in one place or in the other yet. A science fiction sort of thing...time warp.

No comments:

Post a Comment