Thursday, July 14, 2011

Manito Art Show (Manitowish Waters, Wisconsin)

Here I am at the opening evening of the Manito Art League show (Wed July 13th). A lovely event with wonderful food, good music, and a crowd of folks! The night is reserved for patrons and artists only. The show now opens to the public today through Sunday at two pm.

I have 3 watercolors in the show. This one called Windy Days was painted from a photo I took on the north coast of Ohio looking out over Lake Superior on a cold and blustery day!!!
This piece got "best of show" and it is a mixed media piece by my new friend, Christine Alfrey. It is really LARGE by any standards I go by! Christine is a short person. I would have loved to see her painting this one!


This is a piece in oil by my en plein air painter friend, Ken Drawz. The scene is real but he added a few bears to spice things up. Ken says this is a studio painting, not en plein air, and it is such a wonderful north woods scene that I bet that this one sells!!!

I have a few more photos from the show I'll share later.
Today it is DARK DARK DARK in the north woods and I am afraid our en plein air group is going to be rained out again! We seem doomed to rain every Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment