Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hoggie Doggie's: a local icon


En plein air this morning was beautiful...about 80 and sunny.

According to the weather man...we are in for some rain and cooler temps this weekend. Perfect timing!
I looked at Leesburg, FL today (my place of residence). It was 101 there today! OH MY GOSH. Everyone there wishes they were here in WI with me!!!

Located on Hwy 47 and J in Woodruff, Hoggie Doggie's restaurant is THE lunch spot for every kind of dog you ever wanted!!! About seven of us gathered to paint around 9 am this morning until noon. Lovely day.

I switched back to acrylic this morning after several weeks in watercolor. Feels all new again! Blah. 11 x 14 on canvas board primed with orange. I just couldn't "get in the groove" today. I was all thumbs and nothing seemed to work right. I loved everything everyone else did! Some days are like that!!! I added the figures when I got back to my studio.

The en plein air show opened today..I need to get up and see how it looks! Also the People's Choice opens this Saturday for two days. I am checking artists in tomorrow afternoon from 3-5.



No comments:

Post a Comment