Thursday, May 30, 2013

Verve and Bales Mono-tangles

Monotangle of Bales 

Monotangle of Verve

Both of the Zentangle challenges I follow are working in mono-tangles this week.  The Diva is suggesting using Bales and Roy is suggesting Verve.  So I decided to post them together this time.  

The string I used for both this tangles is a double pencil string that Margaret Bremner suggested some time ago on her blog.  That is, I hold two pencils at slightly different angles in one hand and draw the string on each tile with both pencils at the same time. (One tile at a time, of course.)  Can you picture that?  It makes for really cool strings!  

I think the Verve tangle looks a little like two parrots, don't you?  

Pouring rain in the north woods of WI this afternoon and we are under a tornado watch until 7 pm.  

7 comments:

  1. I do see the parrots I'm having a tough time with this for myself but yours looks good

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way the tangles stand out from the tile is oh so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and original!! I like the first one best, probably because of the points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun tangles! The Verve does look like parrots :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the parrots, lol. And I love the strings you used on both. It makes the tangles look like they stand out above the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful! Your parrots are neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic array of Bales and I do love your Verve - I see a parrot and a cute nosed puppy :)

    ReplyDelete