Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Lucky Me!


In three more posts I will publish my 1,000th post on this blog!
I have been blogging since June 2009.  Five years and 4 months.  

On Nov 9 I will celebrate my 75th birthday.  I find these two memorable events come quite close to one another.  

Looking back at my first blogs and re-reading some of them I see that my friend Paulette Jensen has been following this blog for ALL 5 years!  What a loyal follower!!! Paulette was my FIRST teacher the fall after I retired.  And her wonderful introduction to watercolor has spun me off into a delightful art-infused life in the 15 years that followed.  And she never stopped supporting me!!!  Thank you Paulette!!!

I also thank my daughter, Julie, who introduced me to blogging and got me set up that first year.  She's been a great support also and we even went to CZT training together last June!  All 3 of my kids have been huge supporters of my work. I am so grateful to them.   And to my dear sister who hangs my art all over her house!  And to my super great husband who tirelessly loads up my art supplies twice a year and treks them cross country so I can enjoy them…encourages me to try new things…carries my framed art to shows, drags my bags of "stuff" to workshops, and gives me space to create wherever I am!  Lucky me.







2 comments:

  1. You're a Gem of a friend.....wish we could see each other one of these days. Stop in Bristol anytime! I wouldn't miss your blog for anything!
    Many, many HUGS to you, Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early Happy Birthday! You are lucky to have supportive husband, family and friends.

    ReplyDelete