· Photo references/ newspaper for covering floor
· A small jar of gloss gel medium (you need gel that is thick,not drippy like most collage glue.)
· A few brushes ¼ to ½ ” flats
· Acrylic paint (Liquitex Basics are fine or whatever you already have.)
· An 11 x 14 Yes Canvas board recommended. I’ll bring some ready to use for $4.00 each.
· Kinwashi Rice paper to paint. This is about $2.50. You can buy from me at class. Option: white coffee filters
· Other random papers: sheet music, wrapping paper, pretty postage stamps, even some magazine and newspapers with interesting print or designs. Some people shop garage sales and pick up old children’s books to use the colorful illustrations to tear up!!!
· A large black plastic trash bag to cover the table* this is important for painting the rice paper!
· If you would like to paint along with me, I will have an outline to trace.
So the class is an extra $6.50.
You will have to buy the gloss gel yourself. Cheap Joe has it for 8 oz for 7.55. Probably 3 people could go together with that much! (p. 72. Liquitex Gloss Gel WL5708) Michaels might carry this. (LAA members $20 + $6.50 and Guests: $25 + $6.50 for board and rice paper.)
Many people like to work with the board tilted up. If you have a small table easel bring it along.
Ginny Stiles email: firstname.lastname@example.org