Friday, July 20, 2012

En plein air Thursdays

Thursdays we have a small north woods Wisconsin group at gets together at various locations to en plein air paint.

I got out my long un-used acrylics yesterday to see if I could remember ANYTHING about using them.

It does "come back" a little but I definitely need to work on this more. I have been priming my canvas with GOLD paint lately and it works out kind neat. This canvas was being re-used and actually had some pinks and other colors and I was painting over this and ended up liking having the multiple colors behind my sketch!!! I used to use "orange" as a primer and I do like that as well...but try gold once and see what happens. Nice and shimmery.

The restaurant was the building just behind me and we ate up on the second floor after painting with a lovely view of Lake Minocqua!

No comments:

Post a Comment