Tuesday, July 10, 2012

WHAT to do with a Zentangle?

A few more posts on this topic of Zentangle.

One of the things that seems appropriate if you are going to spend time on these little "works of art" is WHAT do people do with them?

I am still exploring the possibilities.

This particular one, my "love" Zentangle, I am going to give to a friend. I found a little plexiglass frame at WalMart ($1.00) and it seems like the perfect setting for something that could sit on your desk or dresser and remind you of a special friend or a special thought. Below the art work I have a quote from the friend and on the back I put a second tangle and a note about WHAT Zentangles are and signed my name and dated it. Since the back is clear too...you have the option of adding more art work or a poem or a photo or whatever.

Certainly you could tangle someone's initials for them. I have found a dozen or more ideas of what people have done with theirs from lampshades to book marks, from coasters to decorating clothing, from pillows to quilts, from journal covers to greeting cards, and the list is going on! Suzanne Mc Neill's Zentangles are so beautiful...she combines her Zentangles into her watercolor paintings! Click here to see some of her work.


No comments:

Post a Comment