Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Experimentation

A few of my older paintings from my "chair" series turned up in the painting box the other day and I held them out for "experimentation".

Obviously not all paintings call out to have Zentangles in them!

I do think sometimes you can "surprise" a viewer with adding them. I tangled the lampshade and the flower basket. Then I needed something to tie the painting to the sides. I am not sure if the tangled strip adds or detracts. I decided not to use one tangle all the way across thinking the strip too large for that kind of commitment. I also thought of adding some color to the Zentangle strip but have not decided yet. I could pick up some of floor tile colors in it. The fact that it is black and white lends itself to keeping it from over taking the painting. And there are already repeated patterns in the watercolor itself in the cushions and on the floor and the lampshade. 11 x 15" 140# Arches cold press.

1 comment:

  1. I like it but think the southwest corner need a little something.

    ReplyDelete