Sunday, April 28, 2013

Roy's Challenge: Monotangle Phicops

3.5" tile
There are some tangles that I just do not resonate with and Phicops is one of them.  I find that if I put it in with other tangles I "can" make it work.  But I rarely choose it with so many ones that I love.  But I like the challenge of TRYING to use in different ways. Sometimes I re-discover that after all, it is a nice tangle.  

I remembered that some showed how to make Phicops into a kind of "pinecone" shape which seemed kind of interesting and a made a little sketch of it.  So I thought I'd use that for a starting point.  I think this could have been a nice tile IF I could have used other tangles with it.  But as is, I am not at all happy with it.  I don't think it's a good choice for a monotangle as there are just not enough variations.  But I will look at what others come up with and I will probably be surprised. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the pine cone effect you have here and the colour too, great tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself! I do think you did very well here.

    ReplyDelete