Thursday, September 19, 2013

Just Foolin' Around

13 x 20 (half sheet of Yupo Synthetic Paper


I am missing a few folks in this photo but here are most of them!

Working on a Yupo surface is just like playing.
Just amazing fun and sometimes it even turns out.
My repeat of the Flying Reindeer above was just a fun way to use a drawing I already had on a new surface and to demo to the gals in the class (8) that you really have SO much freedom to experiment with this surface.  The trick is to "let go of the old way of using watercolor". 

We wiled away a very damp, misty, dark Wednesday yesterday in Woodruff doing just that.  My how the time flew!  Leslie had the coffee hot and a nice coffee cake for break time.  We worked from 9:30 to 3 pm and I hope everyone will keep on "playing".   Remember you can find You Tube Videos by Carol Ann Sherman and George James online that will give you some pointers.  

It's almost time to close up my summer studio again.  It's always such a hard thing to do.  I wait to the last minute.  It seems to me that when that door closes for the season that I need to get in the car and go...but usually we have at least a week of packing that follows that.  

I'll be down in the Lake Geneva, WI area for a few days now and hope to get in a few sketches there or at least some good photos.  



No comments:

Post a Comment