Friday, November 20, 2015

Artsy Fartsy on the portable sewing machine cover.

Before

After

Ever since I discovered that my portable sewing machine case had begun to deteriorate…I've been planning on making it look a tad better.  First I thought I'd just paint it.  But soon I began thinking of something a little "wonkier".  You know me.

All those scraps of gelli-print paper…I know just the place for them.  These are collaged on with heavy gel medium.  I chose the heavier medium as I didn't want it running all over and the heavy medium stays put when you put it down and the papers also wrinkle a little less.  

Now that it is bone dry,  I'll coat the whole thing with Modge Podge clear coating to seal it well and give it some resilience.  Now where I store it in the studio will at least make it "fit in" as a piece of art work!!!
In my small space, there is no where to "put it out of sight" and I so I just needed it to "fit in".  Voila.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...