Friday, July 1, 2016

Coon's Franklin Lodge Children's Play Area

Moleskin (large) 8 x 10

This is Coon's Franklin Lodge about 10 miles north of Minocqua, WI.  My outdoor painter's group met there yesterday morning just before a storm rolled in (see storm clouds on horizon).  I was able to get the sketch done but had to add color later in the studio.  

We get so few sunny bright mornings that I took a chance and drove the 30 minutes to get there to join the "gang".  But we got rained out by 11:30.  Sigh.  

We continue to get such cold and rainy weather up here.  I awoke to 50 degrees and windy (but sunny) on Friday of the 4th of July.  Am so hoping that warmer weather will soon come as I have a ton of company coming that wants to enjoy the lake!!!

Happy Fourth of July everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment