Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Architectural sketching with simple layout

Design-inspired by sketching artist Brenda Murray (see last post)  on a facebook sketchers group recently...I introduced "architectural" sketching in the last class.  Also inspired by Urban Sketchers website.   

The building itself is the iconic landmark Victorian building in nearby Mt. Dora, Florida.  I had a photograph (not a very good one) of the Mt. Dora building.  

The first was one I did at home in my Strathmore 9 x 12 multi- media sketchbook. The second was a demo done in class on gray toned paper.  This second one had highlights of white ink and white pastel pencil.  The first about 30 minutes, the second about 20 minutes.  

Both were lightly sketched with 03 mechanical pencil and then inked with my Lamy Safari fountain pen and carbon black ink. 





No comments:

Post a Comment