Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Respect for Teaching



Here is part of my preparation for the sketching your life/Art Before Breakfast class part I.  I have laid out all the materials I am using for part I of the class.  

Teaching is a difficult thing to do and if you take it seriously (as most people do) then it also takes a lot of preparing and a lot of time.  Usually at least twice as long as the actual class time.  There is also the cost of making hand outs involved.  

When people sign up for a class and then don't show up (without letting you know that they are ill or have had an emergency) then they are letting the teacher down big time.  Life happens.  Sometimes you just can't meet a class obligation.  But if the teacher sends reminders then you just don't show up it is really a sad thing.  It says you don't care about the teacher or the class enough to even RSVP.  

Just saying.  

I had 5 very interested students for this class.
We had a good time!  



No comments:

Post a Comment