Friday, February 21, 2020

Paying Attention


This was a REALLY fast sketch...about 15 minutes with a little bit added when I got home. At home I filled in the foreground a little more and added some blue in the sky and darkened the shadow on the cypress tree and added the printing and date.  Another 15 minutes I suppose.  Strathmore 6 x 8 wc paper journal.  

Autumn took me for a lovely lovely golf cart ride along her favorite stretch of the river walk (same river from the canoe sketch but further up the river).  We identified a lot of the plants she pointed out by using the app "iNaturalist".  Including poison ivy!!!  

She was careful to instruct me to watch for snakes as we stepped out along the way.  She showed me how she knocks off the snail eggs from large snails that are not native to this area and who are pushing native snails out of their habitat.  It's fun to be with people who are so sensitive to nature.  And are willing to find beauty in tiny flowers that most people would not even notice. 

Blue Toadflax




Here is Autumn knocking off the snail eggs from the cypress trees.

Note: for those of you who subscribe to my blog you won't notice anything, but anyone coming to the blog site itself may notice that the sidebar is not loading or loads very slowly. I was very disappointed to find that this morning.  Friends with google blogs experienced this slow down too.  Hopefully google will resolve it.
I have all my archives and blogs that I follow on that side bar!!


                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment