Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back in the studio on Thursday

Gosh it feels good to be back...although it hasn't been all that long. I've been going through allergy testing. Never had so many needle pricks in my life and the blood draw got botched and I ended up with huge hematoma on my left arm! Sigh. Didn't feel much like painting for a day or two. Good news...NO allergies at all!

So in prep for teaching my last Yupo class next Tuesday I thought I'd sort of float back into a subject that I've been interested in trying...this fine little rolling food stand from the local flea market.

This is just the first "layering" of the watercolor on the Yupo paper. So much more fun ahead. Push pull colors and shapes. Probably some people eating at a table or a repeat of the some of the shapes behind...so many ideas floating. I love this stage. The Stage of Possibilities. When my mind begins to whirl with how the "theme" will affect the composition. Lights and darks. A little chimney goes on top. Drawing is done in watercolor pencil on this.

I'm going to try using an atomizer on this one in places. Ever tried those? I learned it from John Salminen. More to follow.

Tomorrow I am head to Ocala with 3 other arty friend to see the exhibit at the Appleton Museum. I'll report back on that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment