Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Card Making Workshop


Today I taught a 3 hour card-making workshop...mostly to help out our park members get cards ready to sell at the Fine Arts show coming up in March. The gals and guys have been working and taking classes since November!

Some of the cards will be hand painted originals. Or originals cut from old paintings. But many will be reproductions of their paintings glued cleverly to card stock.

I encouraged interesting backgrounds, hand painting re-markings, interesting mattings, and also talked about how to get professionally printed cards, computer generated cards, and the addition of stamping, stickers, and cellophane enclosures.

Then we all spent about an hour and half working on our cards. I just picked a few to show. Some folks will do theirs at home and bring later.

I brought a good paper cutter, gel pens, glue sticks, fancy cutting edge scissors, colored paper, etc. A fun way to spend an overcast morning in Florida.



4 comments:

  1. beautiful cards, i loved the middle one *.* nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun - Ginny, you never cease to amaze me with your artistic endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some very interesting cards here. I don't know how you get so much accomplished. All your posts are so interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for commenting on my blog. It is so much fun to know someone is reading it out there in cyber world. Seems like I do manage to keep sort of busy! that was my class class to teach this season in FL. The Park residents are busy getting things framed and ready for the big art show on March 14. One of the other teachers is teaching a class on how to paint a floor cloth! I would LOVE to take that but I promised myself that I would not get involved in any more classes!!! For awhile.

    ReplyDelete