Thursday, June 2, 2011

En Plein Air in Minocqua, WI



It felt wonderful to be painting outside again...haven't done that since March in Florida!

You can tell from what I am wearing that I am in the north woods. It was 67 degrees at 9 am when we started but the sun was warm and we soon felt pretty comfortable.

Eleven artists showed up for the the first north woods event! Special thanks to Florie Enders who does all the organizing!

I didn't get around to get pictures of others painting as we were pretty spread out around the town. Hopefully Florie will have some on the North Woods blog and I can direct you to that later in the week.

I chose architecture this week...the Minocqua Brewing Company is a darling restaurant that Greg and I enjoy. Right downtown near Torpy Park. They are a home brewery too and make their own distinctive beers. (I am only interested in beer when it is ice cold beer and 100 degrees outside!) I think that might be awhile here. Most of us had lunch here after the paint out!

I chose two 12 x 6 gallery wrapped canvases for this time, primed in black gesso...painted in acrylic. My first diptych.

I'll miss next Thursday as I'll be in the workshop. But hope to be back on June 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment