Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Fun Day Painting Outdoors at Hawk's Nest Canoe and Kayak Rental

Watercolor/ink on canvas  8 x 10


I got there a little late.  Most of the other painters chose to be down at the river but gosh…I just couldn't paint any more GREEN.  It was a pretty spot but FULL of mosquitoes. Nothing but trees and water.  I was not inspired.  

So I moved up to the rental building just up from the river side and found these lovely colors and shapes.

This was about an hour sketch (quite small) and fun.
Now I have to decide if I should put the dark background in behind them.  Or put in a light background behind them just inferring something growing behind them. It seems like some more verticals behind them might work?   Or some sky behind them and a horizon?  Or just leave them as is.  What do you think?  

We had a WONDERFUL weather day and lunch at the Pea Patch in Manitowish Waters afterwards.  What a nice morning.  

1 comment:

  1. Ginny - I love the wonderful colors in your painting - what a great choice for a subject! If you want an opinion, I like the idea of a dark background which would make those beautiful colors just pop!
    What a nice day you must have had. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete