Saturday, July 12, 2014

Crux: The Diva's Challenge

Crux, Maelstrom, Peg's Stars

I am totally in love with Renaissance tiles.  I just can't get enough of them!  For the uninitiated they are these beautiful "tannish" tiles usually done with brown, black, gray and white.  Colors used by the old masters.  

Anyway in my "variation" of Crux for the challenge this week it got SO varied I am not sure you can find it anymore!!!  :-)  I did practice the tangle as it was given at first and loved ALL the variations that were given.  But some days I just don't seem to be able to do a gridded pattern.  Other days it is just fine.  Some days I feel more "organic" and that is just the way it is.  So poor Crux got all mushed around.  


8 comments:

  1. It's lovely, Ginny and the sparkle you achieve with highlighter is wonderful! I love Renaissance tiles too - and Crux is so wonderfully flexible that it can do organic and crushed without a problem! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it all mushed around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your composition also - and the white highlights on the renaissance tiles is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a fun tile! I love how funky the crux looks, with the off center crosses and the way you used teh highlighter, especially in the lozenge shapes in the top left corner. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ginny! It was so nice to meet you and your daughter at CZT15! (I was there with both of my daughters...) I love how you mushed up crux as well... It gives it a fun and organic feel for sure! The renaissance tile and colors you used to layer are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is always an adventure to vary tangles. I like the stripes you put in and the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tile and a very interesting variation of Crux! Great white hightlights, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, I like the design and coloring.

    ReplyDelete