Thursday, September 24, 2015

Turning Our Thoughts Southward


Cleaning up paint and fooling around in the studio yesterday I decided to take an old used yellow manila envelope and decorate it for our trip reservations, addresses and etc that we accumulate as we travel south.  Hopefully keep me from losing it.  

And my Books R Us folder for my book club was totally falling apart. So I took another used folder I found and decorated it too.  On that one I put a coat of gloss varnish over the cover as that really makes it stronger.  

But I need to get serious and finish up a few projects now this week as it's just about that annual time to "fold up my tents" in the north woods of WI.  I just hate to think about it!  Sigh.  But we are 10 days and counting until we leave the cabin and head south.  My studio (once packed up) is a storage spot for lamps, chairs, games and puzzles so I sort of have a time frame here.  Sigh.  So I have one week until I have to be "out".  I do a lot of sighing this time of year.  

The last 3 days after the studio closing is a time scrunch of packing clothes and draining pipes and washing out the fridge and winterizing the washing machine, etc. etc. etc.  Same ole, same ole.  We have a check sheet.  We know the routine.  None of that last stuff is much fun though!  And it's a little sad to say good bye to the lake, the loons, the labyrinth, the forest, the boats, the happy memories.  

We have a nice itinerary for travel of visiting friends and family, and even seeing a blog artist friend if the weather holds!  Then off to SC to visit my sister for a few days.  It gets a little old living out of suitcases for two weeks but we know the routine.  

I teach one more Zentangle class this Sat in Rhinelander.  That's always fun.  Need to load up the car tomorrow night for that.  So then I can start with putting Zentangle stuff away first.  I have a couple of art things that need finishing this week and I have not posted to my journal now for a week!  Wish me luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment