Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Little Frames for your sketchbook...



Today I've been exploring some of the possible ideas to use in my sketchbook that will eventually share with my class in January.
One idea that comes from Leslie Fehling's blog is to do some small sketches and think of how you might establish their "framing" ahead of time.  You might be drawing a collection of things, or putting ingredients into a recipe.  The ideas are endless. First she takes contact paper and cuts it into the size squares she wants.  Draws a line to sort of keep them in line and sticks them down.


There are a lot of ways to paint around these squares.
You could just take out watercolors and lay a wash over the entire page.  I chose to spray them with a mouth atomizer designed for spraying paint.  I've had it for years.  I used liquid watercolors.  

When this dried, I SHOULD have lightly sprayed the page with a clear coat of acrylic.  This should have stabilized the spray paint which is after all...WATERcolor.  But I didn't so now I'll have the issue of some of the paint probably bleeding into the squares later.  Oh well.  




Here are the liquid watercolors and sprayer.  But as I said, just putting a wash over the contac paper would have worked too.





So here are the 8 frames after the contac paper is removed waiting for my sketches.  
I'll erase the pencil lines, of course.  I'll let you know how this works out.


No comments:

Post a Comment