Monday, December 3, 2018

Using your own half pans to make a kit and how to do wonky printing




This is my little travel sketchbook (my third one) and it's an accordion book...pages about 3 x 5.  The tiny wc set next to it is in an Altoid's mint tin and I've glued in half pans (you can order them on Amazon). I painted the inside of the lid with white gesso and then a coating of clear acrylic gloss medium.  

I have one of those water brushes that unscrews and is half it's size.  It came in my Koi WC pan set.  I haven't seen them anywhere else but I'll bet you can find them. Great for tiny sets like this.  That dirty thing at the top is an athletic wrist band.  You just put it on and use it as a wiper for your brush.  
That way you have no need for bringing paper towels.

The tree with white and gold is from our church.  
It is a "Chrismon" tree.
"Chrismon" is a combination of the words "Christ" and "monogram," and means "symbols of Christ." Chrismons are gold and white, representing majesty and purity. Ideas for fashioning them are developed from early Christian symbols, the Bible and church histories.
                                          **************
Below is a wonky way to do some printing for use in sketchbooks...I call this printing "Zentangle®" printing because I first discovered it on the Zentangle site for CZTs.  

It is simple to use your own handwriting with this kind of printing.

Just kind of make the word a little "wonky" at first in pencil.  Then trace around it in ink once (we call that aura in Zentangle).  Erase the pencil and add some little "sprigs" coming out at random places.  Then aura again.  
Sometimes I aura twice as in this one.  Then I go back and color in the original letters.  I used colored pencil for this one.  Voila.  





No comments:

Post a Comment