Friday, March 1, 2019

March Madness Challenge



I finished my page called "Life in General" and it took me through much of February...although I skip around and sketch in as the mood strikes me.  I've started another one but will wait until that is farther along to post.  


One of my FaceBook sketch groups has started a March challenge...nothing huge...just some "prompts" for each day of the month.  You sketch and post if you can.  Day one was to create a first page or a cover for where you plan to put the challenge sketches.  This cover is about 6"x 8" roughly and the cover print is one of my gelli prints, of course, just glued to cardboard (front and back).  Then I folded wc paper to make an accordion sketchbook for the challenge and glued it to the inside of the covers, attaching with my home made washi tape where needed.  



The prompt for tomorrow is to sketch your favorite mug, tea cup, or coffee cup enhancing as you wish.  I ALWAYS start my journals with my coffee mug so this is appropriate.  

Greg's bronchitis is still with us, gradually improving.  Saw the dr again yesterday.  Still on meds.  But he made it to the pool for a nice swim and to the hot tub.  So he is gradually getting out and getting a little exercise again.   We are so anxious for this to be over.  But it just hangs on!  

Weather has been fantastic--83 most days.  We are in shock at how cold it has been up where our summer cabin is.  -16 yesterday!  Oh no.  We will have a slight cool down Tues and Wed but very temporary and I mean we'll have a high of 60.  That will seem cold to us!  But back to 83 by next weekend again.  Azaleas and orange trees are in bloom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment