Saturday, March 9, 2019

The March Madness Prompt Challenge




These two are done in my accordion folding sketchbook dedicated to the online Face Book Sketchers group for the month of the March.  You'll see colorful washi tape on the edge of one of the pages where I connected two pieces of paper.  I make my own washi tape, you'll remember.  If you are interested just go to the side bar on this blog to the labels and look for "washi tape".  The instructions are right there.  

It's worth noting that the "rock" prompt came because the moderator of our group (who lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico and has a gallery there) had a break-in at her gallery...someone threw a rock through the door and broke the glass.  I hear that she did not suffer any loss as the perpetrator was apprehended before he could actually get through the door.  She had a good alarm system that went off.  Just a huge mess, police and insurance reports etc.  She was unable to post her usual evening prompt and she wrote the group and decided quickly that "rocks" would be the prompt.  
We all liked the prompt despite the reason!  

Today's prompt is "gates".  Sometimes it's a one word prompt.
So you'll see that sometime soon.  I have not done a prompt journal since October and in that one I just did Zentangles®.  So this has been sort of fun.  

The big art show here at Hawthorne park is tomorrow...so I am now packing up materials and supplies and paintings.  Need to get a move on early tomorrow morning as Greg will need the car to get to church and I need to start setting up the display promptly.  Hurry hurry.  If you live in the area the show is open to the public...1-4.  Type "100 Hawthorne Avenue" into your GPS.  
  
Weather is lovely here this weekend...83 today and 86 tomorrow.  Sunny!  



2 comments:

  1. Ginny, I’m leaving a prompt to see if the buses, traffic lights, crosswalk thing comes up on your blog since you turned it off.... :). Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked - no messy verifications. But it also published my comment immediately and maybe others don’t want that?

    ReplyDelete