Sunday, March 10, 2019

March Prompts for Day 9 and 10




My accordion book is beginning to look a bit busier these days with the first 10 days of the March challenge completed.  Day #9 and Day #10 are below.  




The prompt was simply "gate" and I found this one on line which tickled my fancy. Later I thought of another gate I would have enjoyed painting.  (I wonder if any one will paint St. Peter's gate?)



The prompt for today, as it says, was find a gadget. This one which is pretty fun and easy to draw (but definitely not something one HAS to have, is a mouth atomizer that puts a wonderful spray of paint on your paper.  I used pre-mixed Dr. Martin's watercolor paint for this demo.  You can see an actual demo of how this works here:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQAieFEfdlE.

I've had mine for years and years.  When I went to look up this special kind it was $35-$65!!!  OMGosh.  I know I didn't spend that kind of money to buy it originally.  There are very cheap imitations but I read that don't work as well.  But it would be hard for me to recommend you spend that much unless you really thought you'd use this a lot.  

Today is the big art show (I've been there most of the morning helping to set up) and I think it's the neatest show we've had so far. Just amazingly beautiful work!  Table art...sculpture, carving, stained glass, china painting, etc.  and then photography, hanging arts in all mediums (over 100 pieces) and a quilt show with a demo that people are going to love!!!  My sketching special exhibit looks nice and two friends who are book makers have brought their handmade books to share.  

I came home to have lunch and change clothes.  The art club members are wearing black and white for the show (with red roses pinned on). 

I'll try to take a few photos to share tomorrow.
I hope we get a good turnout...I had 250 programs printed up and sometimes people recycle them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment