Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Question: "How much time do I have?"

I keep dreaming I'll have a few hours of my own just to paint...an actual painting but it is not going to happen any time soon.  Company again?  Yup.  And yesterday when I thought maybe it might happen..my hubby decided it was time to start cleaning and sorting and putting up shelves and he needed my help.  And I did want to encourage him in this good effort!  Outside the rain came down steadily...so...since I only had little bits of time here and there to get to the studio...I used my own advice to devise a few sketches that fit the time period I had.  I always suggest you start with asking yourself "How much time do I have?" and then design a space in your sketchbook to accommodate that amount of time.  So here are 3 little bits of time.  In 3 different mediums...all from a photo.  Watercolor w/ink,  water soluble pen, and sketch and wash graphite.  I am encouraging my students to try using one photograph in many different ways...shapes, mediums, formats, etc.  

2 comments:

  1. First of all...I would give anything to be able to take your wonderful journaling workshop - wow - your rainy day sketches are great- i thought you were in the midst of a drought - i guess the rain is a mixed blessing, Eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...so I guess waiting until I am retired to "have time" isn't the answer" :)

    ReplyDelete