Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sketching Display


On March 10 is our big Fine Art show here at the Hawthorne Community. We combine with Photography Club and the Quilters and take over the great hall for the afternoon.

I suggested a display of sketching information at a side table this year and the chairman thought that might be fun.  So I am trying to get my "ducks in a row" about how to do this. 

Beside some of my own sketchbooks I hope to display some of my students work as well.  And two of the book making artists in the park are going to show some of their work as well along side this.

I'll have some of my "equipment" there...palettes and brushes, etc.
AND a sign up for next fall, if anyone is interested in taking the class then.  It's a challenge to try to tell about the "meaning" of sketchbooks in written form.  I'll have a few reference books there for display too.  

This week was my week to start gathering materials and ideas together for the display.  This is about 3' high and will sit on a table and I can then put actual items down on the table in front of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment