Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Shaving Cream Painting: Diva's Challenge Seton


The Diva's challenge this week (using Seton tangle) came just at the time I was "playing around" with a fun painting technique.  I think someone on the Facebook page for CZTs might have posted it but I can't remember where I found it actually.  There is a YouTube video on how to do it.

The background is done with shaving cream.  I kid you not.
I used Dr. Ph. Martin's liquid watercolors for the colors.  Just thought I'd try tangling on top of it.  I love how it looks a lot like marbling technique that is used for the end papers of books…that old way was done with floating oil based colors on water and then slipping paper under that and lifting it up.
This is much easier and less messy!  

I plan to try this with several different kinds of paper.  This was card stock.  


7 comments:

  1. I like how some of Seton disappears in the (beautiful!) paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this on the paper with shaving foam. I like doing that, but find it hard to tangle on because it's a bit oily. You did very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did marbeling with shaving cream too, and as Annemarie says the tangling on top of the oily surface is a little hard. I like yours very much. Was the cardstock tan colored? It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that paper is gorgeous. really like your rendition of seton and the end bits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness! What a beautiful technique! I'm taking a calligraphy class, and I MUST learn how to do that background. But, back to your beautiful Seton work - this is just lovely. I love how you make the design sort of peek out from the fabric. And then you made grommets for the cording to slip through. Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally cool. Thanks so much for sharing how you achieved the marbling. The total result is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you worked the tangled pattern into the paper style is stunning!

    ReplyDelete