Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Honorable Mention


I was pleased to find out this past week that I got an honorable mention at the Fall Leesburg Art Association Show.  This was an 11 x 14 wc and ink on canvas that I did en plein air last spring.  Title: Pete's Model Sailboat

I was careful to say "model" in the title so people wouldn't think that I was way off base on proportion in the painting!  Hahaha.  This is a painting of Serenity Lake (pond) that is beside our home here in FL.  But it is our neighbor's view…he is an extravagant and delightful gardener and so we get the benefit of having an even  prettier view and he does all the work!  :-)

I "sat" the gallery yesterday afternoon so I took the photo at that time.  

We are having our "cold" front now in central FL so no more gloating about weather.  I woke up to 40 degrees this morning and the heat on in the house!  Whew. Just north of us we know they had a hard freeze…hopefully not for too long as that is tough on citrus!  High of only 60 predicted today but back to 80 by Monday so not to worry.  

Meanwhile..where are my gloves?  (We are such wimps down here in FL).  Locals wear ski masks when it gets to 40!  

No comments:

Post a Comment