Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Art of Photography: Fred Noer

I have several friends who are marvelous photographers. I mean marvelous. Fred Noer is one.

He works primarily in black and white as shown here. I am always reminded of the "value studies" so many of us do in working with paint. These are like THE most ultimate value studies!!! When he writes about his photography I am reminded too of the hard physical work of finding, composing and recording landscapes. Fred is out in ALL weather to take shots.

His online gallery is full of amazing prints and cards for sale. Do take a look.

These three are taken of an area of Wisconsin where I used to live near Lake Geneva. (southeast WI). Many of his photos include the lake in it's many moods.

This year for Christmas he gifted me with a box of his cards. WHAT a treat. Thank you Fred!!!




2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful photos. Happy New Year to you and Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about black and white photos...what is it? So contemplative. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete