Monday, December 7, 2009

Fun at the Mt Dora Art Show

I got a ribbon for this painting at the Mt Dora, FL show this weekend!

This is an Yupo painting I did on semi-transparent Yupo paper with watercolor. It is from a photo I took on Cedar Key last spring of an old crab fishing boat that looked to have been put out to pasture.

The name on the transom "Miss Clarabell". So, that is the name of the painting, of course. I had some fun designing this one with some press-on textures. I liked working with the transparent Yupo as it gave me a chance to do things like design a crab image (top in red) and then to place it under the painting and trace the object wherever I wanted to place it before making a commitment. Haven't done a Yupo since this one. I would like to try some fluid acrylics on Yupo...I see them on Sandy Maudlin's blog but have not tried it yet.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I can see why it won a ribbon - very good design elements throughout.

    ReplyDelete