Thursday, December 3, 2009

The 29 Day Giving Challenge

Well, we are in Alabama again but this time heading south back to Florida.
Just 9 more hours of driving to go. SIGH. We are SO tired of living out of a suitcase that we are now getting grumpy! But the holiday was wonderful and I'll blog about that more tomorrow when I will have some photos to share and have slept one night in my own bed.

Meanwhile here's an interesting thought that my daughter has passed along to me for the holiday season. We often challenge each other on blogs (or in person) to accomplish certain things...paint silhouettes, or keep journals, or do portraits, etc. What about challanging ourselves to give a little something away each day? What a holiday challenge, don't you think?

Here's the website and it's called the 29 Day Giving Challenge. Remember this is about giving but not necessarily giving stuff...all the more challenging is to give of ourselves...our time, our love, our cheer, our art, our friendliness, etc. Read up and see. You can actually sign up and chat with other's about this or you could just do it on your own. It's just about being more intentional with your gifts. It's about calling that person you haven't seen for ages, hugging someone who really needs one but won't expect it, baking something for a shut in, etc etc. I love the idea and just thought I'd pass it along.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ginny,

    It is nice to meet you! I spent 20 years in Central Florida and moved here to the burbs of DC 7 years ago. I wish you pleasant and creative holidays!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy!!! We LOVE central Florida and we hope we can stay as long as our health holds out!!!

    ReplyDelete