Thursday, March 4, 2010

Capturing A Moment Before Spring

Trying to capture snow like this is amazingly difficult. This photo is more about the beautiful tree in the front yard than it is about a house! Still when Mary sent me this lovely photo of her house in Wheaton, Illinois just a few days ago...my heart just sang.

Here is a preliminary sketch.

It won't be a surprise, because Mary follows my blog...so if this doesn't turn out Mary...it's won't because I didn't try...or that the motivation wasn't there...it'll probably more about that magic that is so hard to capture. The sparkle. I may decide to make it snowing in the painting...sometimes that helps to make the whole thing pull together. I'll see as I go along. My time, unfortunately has some limitations right now...but Mary's birthday is just two weeks away...I think. Wouldn't that be a good goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment