Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hawthorne Park Art Show Today


We had a very successful and delightful art show for our residential park here in Florida today. Tons of lovely art work (you'll recognize that kitchen acrylic painting of mine on the lower right hand side.) I had 7 pieces showing.

It's an afternoon show from 1-4 pm. A great way to advertise to the park residents the nice work being done in the classes.

We also had a lovely exhibit of grandchildren's art work. You'll see a nice piece by my 10 year old grandson Eric on display here. (The dragonfly photo just cut off in front of his drawing was by my 14 year old granddaughter, Missy.)

There was also lots of beautiful table art: ceramics, wood carving, ceramics, etc. AND cookies and punch. A happy day was had by all.

I came down with the flu the night before. But luckily I had all my paintings ready to be delivered to the show and my dear husband was able to take care of that for me.

By 3:30 I felt well enough to come over and have a look at the show. So glad I did.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful facility - good luck on your house move, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb...I live in a sea of boxes and bags right now. But strangely I am remaining fairly calm! I suppose it'll get worse in a week or two!!!
    The main auditorium of our park is HUGE and very comfortable and wonderful for art exhibits, concerts, etc. The designers planned it well.

    ReplyDelete