Tuesday, March 23, 2010

En Plein Air and spring events in Central Florida

Spring: the time for en plein air again! This year I'll be painting in the Winter Garden Bloom and Grow garden event on the streets of Winter Garden on Saturday the 10th of April from about 9:30 am to 1 pm. Look for the large artist umbrellas set out along the streets!

You can click here for info and a slide show about the event.The dates are April 10 and 11. It's a wonderful event with everything pertaining to out of doors...from flower pots to gourds to trees and plants!!! Lots of good food and raffles too.

Ann Blasic and I (and the whole committee) have been working on the new artist "Watch Art Happen" part of the event since last July!!! Ann and I are going to take a street map and tent set up map and plan out locations on next Wednesday, the 31st of March. Our final planning for the artist's part. I believe the sign ups have been extended to April 2. So if you would still like to paint, there is info on the link above.

I want to thank en plein artist Durinda Cheek for all her wonderful help in designing the artist application for the event. Her input was invaluable as she has so much experience and even as we speak painting in the Epcott event at Disney! Be sure to look for her if you are attending that event.

Now we just have to hope and pray for good weather. Winter Park had their art show last weekend and Sunday it JUST POURED. What a mess. At least they got one day dry.

April 9 will be the Mount Dora Art Stroll...always a pleasant event for you that are local. I believe that they will be auctioning off the street banners (remember the one I painted last fall?). I actually can't imagine who would wish to own these but mine being a garden event banner would logically be a good one for the Mt. Dora Garden club or plant sale to own and use for their event each November! I hope someone thinks of that!

My posts for a few weeks now will be erratic as we are in the process of moving and my studio is pretty well packed up. (I hope to do some sketching, however). Have a good week and here's to warmer weather!!!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely event Ginny, hope you enjoy it and have excellent weather. You look gorgeous in your summery clothes in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the move - we expect photos of the new, improved studio!!!

    ReplyDelete