Monday, March 1, 2010

Just plain fun

Sometimes a painting is just "plain fun". Something you just "feel like doing" and it has to be at that moment in time. I started to say "it doesn't have deep philosophical meaning" but one is never quite sure about paintings that seem to paint themselves. Perhaps it does. It certainly spawned a lot of thoughts about clowning and the history of clowning for me.

This kind of art is more "children's book illustration" type art. It looks like a cover for a book on clowns or how to become a clown. I thought a lot about the many "sides" to clowning...who knows what someone viewing this painting might be thinking? I've been accused of painting "happy" paintings. There is sure no doubt about this one!

It pleases me that these clowns are "local" Leesburg, FL area clowns and that they are probably part of a clown club or group that goes to picnics, parades and events in the community because they love to. I can't even begin to think why people become clowns. I choose to believe it is because they want to make people happy. It sure worked for me!

2 comments:

  1. My theory is, if you are accused of something, may as well do it! So go ahead and paint "happy paintings" - because they make you and me and lots of others smile - and there's nothing wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your happy clowns, Ginny - maybe you should write and illustrate the whole book with hats, egg faces, picnics and parades - fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete