Saturday, March 6, 2010

Putting the finishing touches on

Just a few more finishing touches. I am trying to decide if I should put light snow falling in the painting. As if the last of the snow clouds was just drifting off at dawn. I've done that before on some paintings. Can't make up my mind yet. One thing that does is make the house and the landscape blend together more. Still the warm brown and the pink/gold sky seem to go together well.

I may darken the driveway. Not sure. I don't want a big dark hole in the painting.

It looks like Mary is not up yet. Or maybe her tea is brewing and she is looking out the living room window in her robe and wondering where her camera is. Not a footprint yet in the yard. Mary's birthday is actually 3 days before spring. So I'll call this "Three Days Before Spring". Happy Birthday, Mary!

1 comment:

  1. Ginny,

    It's been so much fun to follow your thoughts and work on this picture of my house. I liked the one in which it looked like the house was completely covered by snow. No footprints in the snow, but I was certainly out there shoveling for a good while. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete