Monday, March 8, 2010

Quiet Snow

In truth, I took this photo in different light than the previous ones. I applied the snow, then I took it outside in natural light to photo the painting.

It became a lot "cooler" in natural light. Also the snow looks more natural with a little darker sky (snow cloud). The house slips into the landscape instead of standing out quite so much. The whole painting got softer with the snow. The snow toned the pink/gold sky down a bit. I hope not too much. I love pink/gold skies!

I like how the snow on the roof seems a tad brighter on the right side where I have the light source. I added a shadow from the chimney across the roof, a little of the sidewalk heading off the left (Greg's idea) and a few more shadows in the snow. The driveway now seems like it might be covered with a light dusting of the new snow as Mary wants it to look untouched. It feels serene to me. And VERY quiet the way it is when snow deadens sound.

I see this in a double white mat with an oak or gold frame...I'll sign it tonight and try to get it into the mail to Mary later this week.

4 comments:

  1. ginny,, this is beautiful.. mary is going to be thrilled... almost( key word) makes me want to visit the snow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if someone really did comment in Chinese or Japanese or should I start maybe filtering my comments again? Hmmmmm.
    Thanks for the comments Cindi...no, it's better just to "remember" snow..you don't need to go back there! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just kept getting better and better. This latest version is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginny - I certainly enjoyed watching this painting unfurl - it is so lovely and I really like the colors you selected - so different for snow and absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete