Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Diva Challenge: BUGLES


The Diva's challenge this week (June 8th entry) is Bugles. It is my understanding that the designer/inventor of this tangle thought the shapes reminded her of the Bugles corn snacks you can buy (can you still buy those?)  

Anyway…it's not a tangle that I actually "fancy" much.
Mine sort of has a kind of "lantern" look to it so I ended up "hanging" the tangle up.

And of course, this is a "variation" of the one on Linda Farmer's tanglepatterns.com so you can go and search that out yourself.  I must admit I DID have fun with it and I am anxious to see what other people come up with on this challenge.  

The Diva's website is on "my favorite" blogs that I follow off to the right side.  If you click on and scroll down you'll eventually come to the place where you can click on active links to go and see what others have done.  The challenge just went up Monday so the list will grow throughout the week.  

The challenge ends each week on Sat night I think.
And then on Monday morning she posts a new challenge.  Laura is sure one amazing gal.  She's been doing this challenge for YEARS!  


10 comments:

  1. Hi there

    Love your bugle lanterns! I've been enjoying the creativity I've seen in this challenge. It's a pattern that pushes us, i think.
    BTW, where did you get the tangle a day calendar? I'd love to have a go at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi HeidiSue…the Tangle a Day calendar is from Carol Ohl. Check out her blog at openseedarts.blogspot.com for more info.
    She puts a new one out each year. You might want to wait and order the 2015 one come fall. Warning…it's addictive! The squares are 2.5" instead of the traditional 3.5 of a Zentangle. This makes the tangles a little faster to complete on a daily basis. Or you can string all 3 and do them as one tangle if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tangling... very bold and 'bright' looking... very clean and crisp... love it... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Bigles lanterns are great. And, I don't know about other countries, but you can buy these corn snacks in Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Bugles. They look like jewlery to me and would make an awesome necklace. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I love your bugles lanterns, but the first thing what I thought when I looked at your work, was that the look like little sailor men. with the arms a little bit down behind the back of the next sailor. Looks very friendly. And I love how you weave a thread or small ribbon through the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved what you have done with the bugles - hanging them a great idea - that's the fun in the challenges getting to see things I never would have thought of - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for using my tangle, Bugles. That is a great idea to hang them up and make them into lanterns. I like how you added the ending on them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how your hanging bugles have a hardware look about them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lantern bugles - me like it :) And their coloring and shading is beautiful

    ReplyDelete