Thursday, June 5, 2014

Print Making Revisited




At yesterday's print-making workshop (Sue Wendlandt teacher) in Manitowish Waters, WI, we enjoyed working with a lot of different media.  At the top I worked on "soft cut" with the cut tools to make a "picture frame" (about 4 x 6") so that I could use it for Zentangle.  To the left is the original drawing and then the cut out and then one print.  I need to do a little clean up on the soft cut.  I'll post later some of the ideas I have for using this "stamp".  

The second two examples are both done in Foam Printing.  I did the designed with a ball point pen incised in foam.  You can buy thin art form for this purpose and you do get cleaner lines with the purchased foam.  The round one was incised into a small dessert sized foam plate.  But it was not bad either.  

I was using "printing inks" with these.  I am not sure how they would work with thinned acrylics which is all I have here at the cabin.  I may have to add some printer's ink to my next Cheap Joe's order just to get a bit cleaner lines.  I will definitely try more of this! Very fun.  

The little drawer pull knobs were to be used for putting pressure on the print.  The ink was brayered on the the surface and then the paper put on top and then pressed evenly.  The knobs were just a fun way to get even hard pressure on the print before pulling the print.  

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I really like the wood knobs - the pressure can be directly from the top. I always use the bowl of a serving spoon - which works, but I think the knobs are better...for one thing, they shouldn't get warm from the friction like the spoon does.
    I am so envious - wish I were there with you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete