Thursday, January 10, 2019

Sketching Your Day (again)


Keeping a journal or sketch of your day can be rather addicting.  
And it's amusing and informational to see what you thought was important enough to note.  I like having a little space for a few words to remind me what I was thinking.  I enjoyed the sketch of my Minnie Mouse clock...lots of interesting shapes on it.  

Burger King was exciting for me because I haven't eaten in a fast food restaurant in over a year.  WW points are VERY high there!  And the food, as you all well know, is not that nutritious.  But once in a great while it is a treat.  And the cupcakes arrived as a surprise from a friend.  I resisted them.  But Greg was ecstatic.  

Playing around with fonts is fun.  They sort of spruce up the page and if you have time to put them in...they make the page visually more appealing.  The larger fonts are just copies from dafont.com where you can get a lot of free fonts...the site allows you to type in the words you want and then print them off and trace them.  "Wed" was a stencil that I have.  It is small enough to actually slip into an envelope at the back of my sketchbook.  But my friend Susan has several hand outs available of simple hand-drawn fonts that don't look too bad either.  

Today I ordered supplies for my upcoming Zentangle class on January 16.  I have a nice group of 12.  

On weather note...we are having a "slight dip" in the Florida warmth.  I woke up to 41 this morning (we are near Orlando).  Uh oh.  But back to a high of 78 by Sunday.  Been a real roller coaster this winter.  I see 12 degrees in Lac du Flambeau, WI this morning where we have our summer cabin.  Oh my.    


Here's is another example of My Day with my own font and a few more squares.




No comments:

Post a Comment