Monday, November 2, 2009

Portrait Challenge at Hawthorne Park


The first of the portraits done in the challenge here at the Fine Arts Club at Hawthorne Park have appeared.
Each one wonderfully unique! Jane's is a kind o a Mary Englebreit take-off with a the most magical mischievous smile. Just like Jane. The middle portrait is Sherese whose pencil drawing is a work of art and an absolute image of her!!! You will recognize my portrait...the blue and white silhouette in shadow and light I learned how to do in Lynne Ferris' class last winter. And then Martha's portrait at the right with images of north and south reflected in each lens of her glasses. Even the logo on her shirt is about where she grew up. I am so pleased! I think there may still be a few out there that haven't come in yet. No art making for me today...I was busy all morning at the art club and then the afternoon seemed to slip away.

I baked homemade banana bread from scratch and a batch of Greg's favorite chicken tetrazzini. Cooking takes so much time! But the temperatures dropped today into the high 70s and it felt like a day to open the kitchen windows and bake! Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment