Sunday, November 8, 2009

Rethinking my poured painting


I've had so many supportive and interesting suggestions about this poured painting...all VERY excellent ideas. The first one is actually the revised version (it is signed in left corner). But I showed the version just prior next to it for comparison.

In this revision I have incorporated a few of the helpful thoughts that have come my way. Note, I have darkened the darks even darker around the quilted jacket. And I have floated a cobalt glaze over the left side of the painting toning down the light colors graying slightly the roses and yellows. I also added a few line details to the jacket which may not be apparent but to give it a little more detail.

The quilt hanging in the far left corner in the cooler tones has been "read" as a window by some people. Which is fine. But that is an issue probably of this being a photograph and you not being able to see it as clearly. I toned down the bright yellow triangle behind the jacket just slightly on the outside edge to sort of bring the "glow" into the surrounding area and not sliding off the edge of the painting. I think Paulette will feel that I have of a "center of interest" now and I think all of you who suggested that the values were a little too much all the same will see some improvement. Thank you to EVERYONE who gave me good ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done! I'm jealous you have time to paint, and hoping that now I'll be able to get back into a routine, with most ViewPoint duties finished!

    ReplyDelete