Sunday, November 8, 2009

Starting Out on a Banner



Now this is my first banner. Oh boy. Here I go. But I HAVE to get this done like right away and get it in to the Mt. Dora Chamber of Commerce by Nov 23 because we are going north for the Thanksgiving holiday.
I have been assigned the Plant and Garden Fair.

First I had to gesso both sides of the banner. You can see my starting that last week. I did both sides and then hung it outside to dry.

The banner is pretty big. The first sketch is pretty small (but I hope in proportion). I laid it on the banner so you can see what size I am starting with. I will now try out some color and values in the sketch. This is the front of the banner and the most important side but I will have to do both sides obviously. I am thinking I'll repeat the printing on the back. But I have to see how long it takes me to transfer this sketch onto the banner and get it painted before I decide how detailed I have time to be on the back side.

Wish me luck...I seem to have a VERY busy week so I don't know how I am going to get this done!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, Ginny! What kind of support are you using? You mentioned gesso - what is the gesso painted on? This is really cool! I love your sketch for this.

    ReplyDelete