Saturday, September 3, 2011

75 day sketching Challenge up to Day 22

I know, not many people can get a bear to hold still long enough to sketch him. This was a brown bear too...not a the black ones we see up here in the north woods.

So the fun thing was this "stuffed" bear (sitting in front of a wolf) on top of a plate glass slab on top of an old antique sled was sitting in a used book store in Woodruff, WI. Who would have thought? How lucky to have my sketch pad in the car!!! The tag on his ear says $1,500.

The store is full of bric-a-brac and old dusty moose heads and old broken stained glass lamps, and huge stacks of dusty books! WHAT a fun place to sketch!!!

bric-a-brac |ˈbrik ə ˌbrak|nounmiscellaneous objects and ornaments of little value

This man (actually my hubby Greg) came out looking like a young Freud. Hahahaha. He also looks like he has nodded off over lunch. (Which could be true.) But I am determined that I will try a figure or two every week. Some folks are SO good at them! We had a lovely day down at the pier last week and he held his position for me for 20 minutes or so.












Waiting for Greg to run some errands in Minocqua yesterday, I started a quick sketch of the Twisted Root Emporium and neighboring stores. Very unusual architecture! And, of course, I noticed things I never saw before like a plaque saying 1919 on the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment