Thursday, April 20, 2017

Finishing up a ZIA...but exactly how?



Here we go again with another 9" square ZIA on Fabriano hot press paper stained with blue and purple watercolor. Then using blue, purple and brown Sakura pens (01), white charcoal and Prismacolor colored pencils.  My plans for this one changed a number of times as this evolved.  This was inspired by a challenge on one of my favorite blogs to use circles and squares together.  

Hubby thinks I should conclude the piece with a border on the very edges of the square which would slip behind the spiral at the top left.  What do you think?  Another option would be to fill the whole outside border with tangles as I did previously with the honey-colored tile.  



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic marasu weaving around the corner! Beautiful gem. I actually like your piece as it is, your shading looks great.

    ReplyDelete