Friday, October 16, 2009

Checking out Asheville, North Carolina

Well, here we are in Asheville, NC.where I had hoped to paint in the gardens at Biltmore today. Silly me. Rain and dark clouds have pretty much followed us all week across the midwest. Just every now and then the sun would break through and we'd get a glimpse of the gorgeous colors on the mountains along the Ohio Valley and the Blue Ridge. Wow!!! Amazing. But today is back to heavy overcast.

We had a wonderful two days with friends Phyllis and Bill in West Virginia (despite rain). We rode the Cass Railroad and loved the winding mountain roads at 3500 feet. Phyllis is a signature member of the WV Watercolor Society.

After a day here in Asheville we are headed to York, SC to spend the weekend with my sister and brother in law. He just broke two ribs in a fall, unfortunately!!! I understand this is so painful!!! But we'll have lots of visiting time and I'll finish up the few additions to my travel journal. They live right on Lake Wylie and have such a lovely view!!

I get a bi-weekly letter from Robert Genn. I love what he wrote today...take a look.
He is talking about a book he is reading by Winifred Gallagher called Rapt Attention and the Focused Life. The simple act of learning to pay attention may be the key to happiness and success. Sounds a little like the quote by Mary Oliver under my header at the top of the blog, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Ginny, I know you're not home yet but when you get home, check out my blog for this weekend - I've given you the Kreativ Blogger award because you are doing so much with your artwork plus you are just such an all-around very nice lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda...you and Deb Ward are SO delightful. I so much appreciate you jointly bestowing such an honor on me. You are right...I won't be "home" to Florida until tomorrow night. But I picked this up on my sister's computer Sunday evening. WHAT a lovely surprise. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete