Saturday, October 24, 2009

Reflection on the Trip



As we wound up the major part of the trip east and south and headed to my sister's home in SC, I did a little two page spread in my Moleskin journal. On the left was one last little sketch from Biltmore. In the middle a little map of the Blue Ridge area we had been traveling in and on the right a few of the mementos that we picked up along the way.

After I printed the the words I realized that I had spelled mementos wrong in the journal!!! Sigh!!! Just like getting the dates wrong along the way too. Double sigh. I may reprint it and glue the correct spelling on top of it as it will drive me nuts every time I look at it!!! (That's why I posted this photo so small...I hoped you wouldn't notice it!) But I liked the idea of doing a little still life of the things I got along the way.

I also included a photo of me in Boone, NC at the Cheap Joe's outlet store...spending my money!!! Couldn't pass that by!


4 comments:

  1. In some cultures, the artist actually makes sure that they make some mistake in their art...it is a way to show they they are humble in the face of the divine or holy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so great that you have arrived safely in the sunny south after your long and eventful journey. I am really enjoying reading your journal entries - they are so interesting and beautiful, too! Your lettering is so artistic and diverse and it really adds a lot to the overall pages. What a wonderful bunch of memories you will enjoy throughout the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, Ginny, I think you just have created a new word from special moments (on your trip)and mementos you picked up along the way :) I'm enjoying seeing your journal entries and they look really good to me - much neater than I would have mine, especially on a long trip where you do lose track of the date, the day, the hour and where the heck are we now??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie...WHAT a great thought. Maybe I"ll leave the misspellings and wrong dates after all...humble indeed.

    And it was great to hear from Rhonda and Barb too. I am so delighted when I see you and know that you check in with me now and then.

    ReplyDelete